Click here to download & print the following Recycling Program information (opens in new window).
Recycling Program - AMC
Recycling Collection Services are provided by Republic Services (Midco). Per the recycling guidelines for Mercer County, the following items are acceptable materials to recycle:
- Mixed paper, Office paper & Window Envelopes
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Telephone Books & “Soft” Cover Books
- Hard Cover Books (hard cover must be removed)
- Glass Food & Beverage Jars / Bottles (all colors)
- Aluminum & Metal Beverage Containers
- Pet Food Cans
- Milk Jugs & Plastic Beverage Bottles
- Detergent & Shampoo Containers
- Juice Boxes & Juice / Beverage Cartons
- Plastics with #1 or #2 Symbols
The following items are considered non-acceptable materials to recycle:
- Plastic Bags
- Pizza Boxes
- Light Bulbs
- Aluminum Foil / Baking Pans
- Drinking Glasses, Dishes & Broken Window Glass
- Ceramics & Pottery
- Aerosol Cans
- Motor Oil & Anti-Freeze Containers
- Clothes Hangers
- Bandage Tins & Cookie Tins
- Carbon & Waxed Paper
- Tissue Paper, Napkins Paper Plates & Paper Towels
- Plastics with #3 - #7 Symbols
There are designated collection areas throughout the property. These areas include a bin for co-mingled trash and another for recycling. Each tenant is responsible to provide their office suites with designated bins for recyclables, whether large bins in specific locations within the office or individual bins at each staff member workstation. The janitorial staff uses designated large heavy plastic bags when collecting trash and recyclables each night: clear bags for recyclables and black bags for trash.
Depending on the location of the designated recyclable bins, the staff will collect the items labeled as recyclable and dispose of them in the large clear bags. The bags are taken to the large recycling bins located in the designated collection areas outside.
The janitorial staff is not expected or responsible to sort through the collection bins to separate recycling items discarded as trash in error.